To support the Event Director in successfully managing the day to day running of the event ensuring the shows run smoothly and meets the required revenue and contribution levels. An in-depth understanding of the market will ensure the Event Manager can provide significant input into the sales, marketing and long term strategic planning and delivery. The event manager will have the skills to develop the internal and external teams including the operations for the event and will help to manage the entire budget for the events.
- Assist with post show reports, strategy and planning
- Proof read documents to ensure accuracy and assist marketing manager to manage brand identity across all external communications.
- Assist marketing & events teams to deliver competitions, overseeing the administrative and judging processes as required
- Manage nurture and develop partnerships (including media partners, sponsors, strategic partners etc)
Sales & Sponsorship
- Support the sales team to deliver targets including but not exclusive to the creation of sales collateral, and support a robust marketing campaign
- Connect sales and marketing teams to maximise revenue across both functions
- Develop communications strategy for exhibitors 365 days a year
- Ensure timely planning and delivery of any operational requirements for sponsors (eg build, AV, signage etc)
- Assist in keeping budgets up to date and ensure all costs are accounted for.
- Negotiate with suppliers where necessary to ensure costs are competitive
- Ensure POs are raised in plenty of time before the show
- Assist Event Director in analysing visitor and exhibitor research and establish strategic plans for approaching the show content and features
- Create and implement best practise for content to deliver the best possible experience for visitors, exhibitors and sponsors
- Create signage schedules for each event within required budget, ensuring sponsor benefits are delivered and the event is easy to navigate.
- Coordinate build schedules with operational teams
- Create team schedule for onsite delivery
- Ensure supplier agreements are updated annually and approved by the business
- Ensure manuals are created in a timely way and sent out by the Event Coordinator.
- Assist where required in the management of weekly team meetings, including follow ups on action points. Lead meetings in the absence of the Event Director.
- Assist where required in the management of the entire on-site process, overseeing both operational elements and team management.
- Attend all agreed events (with preparedness to be away for one full week for each of the five shows) and attend competitor events where required.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Excellent time management
- Strong negotiator
- Good presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Effective relationship management
- Strong commercial acumen
- Good marketing/industry knowledge (knowledge of the craft / textiles industry preferable but not essential)
- 5+ years experience in event delivery (preferably consumer exhibitions)