Practitioner - Early Learning & Childcare - Brae High School
The purpose of this post is to work effectively as a lead member of an Early Learning and Childcare team to support in the delivery of a high quality, safe and balanced education and care service, which meets the needs of each young child and their families and is in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines.
Brae High School is a non-denominational school located in Brae. It provides early years, primary and secondary education up to S6 for children from the north mainland of Shetland. The structure of the school is Early Years, P1-P7 which includes composites, and S1-6 classes. There are currently a total 303 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 2 Depute Head Teachers. The current Head Teacher is Kirsty MacPherson. Further information can be found on the schools website at .
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -Additional Information
- The grade of this post is H
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1172 per hour
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week, 40.5 weeks per year plus 6.27 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory Pre-Employment Medical screening with our Occupational Health provider
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Brae High School
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Samantha Flaws, Quality Improvement Officer, onor email
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call.