Healthcare Support Worker
Choose a career that inspires people.
Progress your career as a valued member of one of the most respected and supportive teams in the healthcare sector. In helping us deliver outstanding healthcare you'll be making a real difference to residents and their families every single day, with support from the organisation and your colleagues every step of the way.
As part of our vibrant culture you'll build lasting professional relationships that will take you further, whatever your career goals.Choose a career that inspires people.Progress your career as a valued member of one of the most respected and supportive teams in the healthcare sector. In helping us deliver outstanding healthcare you'll be making a real difference to residents and their families every single day, with support from the organisation and your colleagues every step of the way. Broughton Lodge, located in Macclesfield, is a 20 bed specialist residential home for adults with autism and learning disabilities who may present with behaviours that challenge. We aim to provide a safe, comfortable and effective care environment for those in our care, promoting independence and community integration. We are currently recruiting for day support workers to support other members of staff in the provision of care; ensuring Individuals retain as much of their dignity and individuality as possible as well as being involved in the general activities of the home.
In this role you'll:• Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all our residents
• Work in the residential area, providing guidance and encouragement to residents through physical and emotional support
• Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment for our residents to live in, which will involve undertaking some domestic duties and complying with policies and procedures
• Assist residents with their medical and welfare needs and report as required
• Safeguard residents
• Learn about individuals' specific needs and provide help in the most appropriate way
We're looking for people who have:• Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
• The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the residents
• A genuine desire to make a real difference in people's lives
• Flexibility to work 12 hour shift patterns on a rota basis
• Driving licence and own transport is essential due to rural location of home and lack of public transport
In return we'll offer you:• Full training
• Opportunity for overtime
• Employee Discount Scheme
• DBS paid
• Regular coaching and support
• Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
• Free meals on duty
• Free parking at site Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.