This company is looking for a suitable candidate to join their small team, helping to provide and support IT systems for small businesses.
The role includes:
- First, second and third line helpdesk, including taking an issue forward to further stages where required.
- Troubleshooting and resolving computer workstation, server and network faults
- Group Policy & domain configuration
- Office 365 email administration and support
- Firewall, router & access point setup & configuration
- Consulting, quoting and implementing IT solutions
- Logging support queries and keeping asset management records up to date
- Helping to design and implement IT solutions for businesses
- Helping to formulate quotations and costs for products and services
- Researching and recommending products for customers
- Testing new products and technologies
Most support work is undertaken remotely and over the telephone, although on-site work is sometimes required.
The majority of the time will be office-based but there will be many opportunities for visiting customers to perform support work and installations.
As they are a small company, there may be opportunities to be involved in other aspects of the business.
Virtually all of their work is business-to-business; they sometimes deal with home users but these are usually home workers or self-employed.
Based in the East Croydon area their office is within close walking distance of Woodside Tram Station. They are prepared to match skills and experience with a salary of between £26,000 to £28,000.
To be considered you will ideally have at least 5 years experience in costing, configuring, implementing and supporting a variety of systems and have worked in a 2nd / 3rd line Support environment on a Helpdesk.
You must be confident, articulate and quick to learn new technologies and software systems.