Head of IT
Our client, a remarkable independent school, is looking to appoint a highly motivated professional to lead the School’s Digital Operations team who will focus on maintaining and developing the School’s ICT infrastructure.
- Strategic development - staying up to date with industry innovations to keep the school at the forefront of digital technology infrastructure for school
- System management and maintenance - ensuring efficient availability at required levels to meet school’s requirement of networks, devices and software; taking lead in the provision and operation of all voice and digital communication systems; ensuring all networks are monitored and backed up; communicating with hardware and software providers; managing system maintenance; ensuring effective disaster recovery procedures are implemented in respect of school’s data; drafting processes and technical documents
- Procurement and Finance - lead the procurement of ICT hardware and essential software used throughout the School; propose and manage the annual budget for hardware and software and services; provide and maintain up to date asset register of all ICT resources.
- Support Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff - providing support to Heads of Department and individual staff.
- Line Management of the Digital Operations Staff (4) - supervise and manages their work; ensure staff receive professional development; carry out annual appraisals; prepare job descriptions.
- Ensure your professional development is continuous
- Ensure that the School meets data protection requirements with regards to systems supporting the School’s administrative services
- Any other tasks as required
- Excellent digital communication skills
- Background in managing teams
- Experience in managing budgets
- Ability to communicate with all stakeholders
- Able to use the following platforms: Windows Server, Exchange, and File and Print Services,
- Veeam, Mac OSx, iOS, VMWare
- Office 365 and Google G Suite, Airwatch
- Networking technologies: HP, Fortinet, Sonicwall
- CCTV: Axis, Milestone
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a similar (might be junior) role in a School
- Have hands on approach
- Looking for a long term commitment
- Excellent communicator
- Management experience (desirable)