Service Desk Manager
Job Title: Service Desk Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours OR 24 x 7 hours
Salary band: 60,000
To manage and lead an outsourced team of 40+ of multiple dedicated and shared desks, ensuring that performance and service levels are achieved and in line with contracts whilst ensuring that customer expectations are set, met or exceeded: To act as the second line of escalation for the multiple dedicated and shared desks Team Leaders as well as being responsible for line management and performance management of the multiple dedicated and shared desks Team, producing and analysing reports to highlight performance issues and trends.
To be forward thinking in your approach to deliver customer excellence whilst taking the team on a journey to help deliver.
To assist the Head of Service and Service Delivery Manager with the functional management and application of the Major Incident Process, Reactive and Pro-Active Problem Management and Change Management.
To take an active role in working with the Project Manager or Transition Manager when transitioning of new services into the multiple dedicated and shared desks teams.
Key areas of Responsibilities
- To manage team performance, including conducting Team Leaders one to ones and appraisals, identifying training and development requirements as required.
- You will have proven team leadership experience
- Objective and KPI management
- Ensure that all Customer Incidents and Service Requests are owned through to completion and are recorded and managed in adherence to the multiple dedicated and shared desks Services processes, policies and standards.
- Major Incident Management including all customer communication, activities and escalations.
- Review analysis information on incidents and Service Requests, proactively identifying recurring issues and Problem areas that will help drive through efficiency.
- Provide input into the Monthly Service Review reports.
- Representing their Services at Change boards, acting as a change approver and determining the impact of Customer led changes on the multiple dedicated and shared desks. Proactively manage and communicate Changes and associated risks to our customers, seeking appropriate customer approval when required.
- Manage new services into the team by working with the Transition/Project Manager Manage resource levels within the teams including the management of Staff Rotas, holidays and other absence to ensure training is provided.
- Support and develop the multiple dedicated and shared desks, providing the secondary point of escalation.
- Keep the team up to date on new procedures/software/customer changes.
- Assist where applicable training workshops and arrange training materials.
- Responding to multiple dedicated and shared desks escalations and complaints, escalating further where unable to resolve.
- To jointly work with multiple dedicated and shared desks to generate good working councils that allows the relationship to grow.
- Attend and run with the Head of Service fortnightly Account reviews with the Account and Service Delivery Manager.
Assist in delivering strategy to support the multiple dedicated and shared desks to achieve objectives. You will continue to develop and manage the implementation of a highly responsive and reliable team whilst always looking at ways to improve the efficiency and performance of the team through best practice.
To motivate and deliver positive outcomes through the delivery of others the objectives multiple dedicated and shared desks.
- ITIL V3.0 Foundation (Essential)
- ITIL Service Operations (Desirable)
- 5 yrs. Service Desk Manager Experience (Essential)
- Proven Experience in having run an outsourced environment for a high-profile customer
- Accredited in Management and Leadership programme
- Delivered or run customer excellence schemes/programmes
- MCP/MCSE or equivalent industry experience.
Level of Autonomy and Decision-Making
Autonomy - Work under general direction, with a strong ability to represent them at client meetings. Use discretion in identifying and resolving complex problems and assignments. Receives specific instructions and has work reviewed at frequent milestones by the Head of Service. Determine when issues should be escalated to a higher level.
Influence - Strong client and internal department focus who can interact and influence team members. Have working level contact with customers and suppliers. In predictable and structured areas, will supervise others. Make decisions which may impact on the work assigned to individuals.
Complexity - Performs a broad range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine, in a variety of environments for example, Major Incident Management, pro-active problem management and trend analysis. Applies methodical approach to problem definition and resolution.
The performance of this role will be measured against the following KPA’s
- Service Level Performance
- Customer Satisfaction
- Volume of Customer escalations and complaints
- Staff and peer group feedback
- Team and Individual KPI’s and Objective.
Diverse workforce including highly technical IT skill sets
Managing tight deadlines in rapidly changing environment
For more Service Desk Manager jobs or similar jobs please visit the Alfen job board!