Electrical Maintenance Engineer - Continental Shifts
Cordant People are recruiting for a highly motivated and competent Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join a multinational supplier of automotive car parts, supplying businesses across the globe. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a company that strives for continuous improvement, believes in a strong one goal one team ethos and offers strong job security and longevity then we want to hear from you.
Purpose of role:
To provide electrical engineering support across the site in order to maximise plant efficiency and minimise downtime.
- To carry out breakdown, scheduled routine and planned maintenance of the plant, equipment and machinery within set norms and timescales.
- To respond to plant problems and emergency breakdown situations and undertake specific engineering tasks, including verbal/written instructions and from engineering plans as required.
- To assist in the creation of job stepped plans.
- To receive/issue Permits to Work and ensure engineering work is carried out to internal/external Health, Safety, Environmental and Engineering standards.
- To report any performed engineering work against plans, and update relevant systems.
- To understand and apply Standard Maintenance/Operating Procedure, Method Statements and Engineering Standards as appropriate.
- To assist with the training/coaching of team members/colleagues when applicable.
- To give ongoing support to Production through any issues with the process by investigating and modifying/improving existing machinery where appropriate.
- Take ownership of personal development, to successfully develop own capabilities, knowledge and personal development.
- Degree & Post grad. Qualification/NVQ 5
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent apprenticeship qualification. City and Guilds in Electrical
- Seasoned professional with considerable experience. Proficiency in a specialised field with deep/broad knowledge built on concepts and principles.
- PLC experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills (Internal and at Customer)
- Good communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to problem solve and resolve process issues efficiently and effectively
- Can do attitude
- Knowledge of quality systems risk awareness
- Knowledge and implementation of Continuous Improvement methodology
- Experience in driving a right first time quality approach
- Experience working in Manufacturing
Cordant People are an employment business and equal opportunities employer. Ref CP1
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer