English Teacher - April 2019 - West Coast of Cumbria
English Teacher - Key Stage 3 & 4 - West Coast of Cumbria
A 'Good' school on the West Coast of Cumbria are seeking an English teacher from Easter 2019 to teach English up to KS4.
- English Teacher
- Easter 2019
- Maternity Cover
- KS3 & KS4
- Full time - part time will be considered
- NQT or experienced teacher
- West Coast of Cumbria
- £90 - £165 dependent on experience
This 'Good' School are seeking an enthusiastic English Teacher to join a committed and passionate English Department. The School caters for 11 - 18 year olds and prepare them life within the wider community.
The School want to create opportunities within and beyond the English curriculum that will enable all students to develop into the best they can be and become confident, independent and successful adults. The school have high expectations of academic success and personal behaviour and believe that these are best achieved in a caring environment where pupils are able to be creative with their learning. A strength of the school is that lessons are all calm and well-paced which providing the students with a safe learning environment where they can thrive.
It is important that the suitable candidate has strong behaviour management and has recent experience of teaching the new English Curriculum and has outstanding subject knowledge. The school are looking for someone who is confident in teaching GCSE with the role starting before the busy exam period. The School are willing to look at taking a teacher on part time but ideally need a Teacher who can commit full time.
The appointed English Teacher should be:
- An outstanding teacher with a proven track record of success.
- Excellent knowledge of the Current English curriculum
- Able to teach English to KS4
- Ambitious and an aspirational leader with the determination to make a significant impact in the school.
- Someone with a clear vision in how to develop students within English and improve achievement.
- A teacher with recent and sustained success within your current post
- Creative in problem solving together with willingness to take on and try new approaches and ideas
- Have the ability to relate to students in a pleasant and sympathetic manner and to recognise potential child safeguarding issues
- Willing to participate in extra-curricular activities and whole school activities
If you are interested in this post please apply with an up to date CV.
If you would like any more information, call Amy at Veritas on .
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'