Electrical and Instrumentation Design Engineer
Competitive Salary + Generous Holidays & Sociable Working Hours
Your new company
Your new company is a specialist engineering organisation within the Offshore Oil & Gas and Marine industries. Their focus is developing specialist products that assist in fluid transfer from offshore reserves to FPSO/FSU units, as well as accommodating the requirements of traditional fixed platforms and jack-up rigs. They are looking for a Design Engineer to join the team to work on many exciting projects that are taking place over the coming months.
Your new role
In your new role you will be required to undertake and check detail design and preparation of Electrical/Instrumentation engineering deliverables for new and existing products.
You will be responsible for the execution of, or assistance with, the execution of a Contract to supply equipment or services.
You will be required to Liaise with the client and ensure that all Electrical / Instrumentation Project deliverables required under the terms of the Contract are delivered in accordance with the Project Schedule to a high standard.
Where required, you will need to specify and assist with the procurement of goods and services required to supply the deliverables detailed in the Contract.
You will have responsibility for monitoring and recording Electrical/Instrumentation Project expenditure to ensure budgets are adhered to or improved where possible.
You will undertake and support on site installation, commissioning and service support activities in the UK and abroad both onshore and offshore when required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor's degree in an Electrical, control or manufacturing engineering biased discipline.
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship/Training History.
- Experienced engineer with minimum 3 years marine, oil and gas or petrochemical industry experience.
- Experienced in the use of industry standards, specifications and directives with emphasis on ATEX and IECEx.
- Ability to work with certifying marine authorities such as ABS, DNV and BV.
- Competent in the design and installation of systems using explosion proof equipment.
- Competent in creating electrical and instrument design using AutoCAD.
- Experienced in the installation and commissioning of electrical and instrument control systems
- Previous experience with offshore and marine equipment would be advantageous
- Familiar with PLC and HMI programming of small scale control systems (Allen Bradley and/or Siemens).
- Aware of commercial, contractual and administrate aspects of engineering projects.
- Self-motivated, proactive and willing to adapt to change whilst progressing the Engineering deliverables
- required for the project.
- Understand and interpret detailed electrical, hydraulic, process and instrumentation drawings
- Understanding of industry communication protocols such as Ethernet, HART, Modbus, and ControlNet etc.
What you'll get in return
Asides from the competitive salary and generous holidays and benefits package, you will get the chance to work for a specialist engineering organisation on a range of exciting projects.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.