Clinical Pharmacist Bank
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Beaumont Hospital in Bolton has a vacancy for a Clinical Pharmacist to join their team of staff in the Pharmacy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Degree in Pharmacy MPharm, BSc or BPharm.
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council as a pharmacist.
- Knowledge of General Pharmaceutical Council Codes of Professional Conduct, Ethics and Performance and their implications for practice.
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Previous experience of dispensing medicines would be an advantageous
- Previous experience as a hospital based pharmacist is desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To provide pharmaceutical expertise and input into the care of the patients within a BMI hospital, supporting the pharmacy department to deliver an excellent medicine management service to all customers.
- To supervise the procurement, preparation, dispensing and distribution of medicines, whilst supervising junior staff members in the delivery of the medicine management service. To assume responsibility for clinical service as identified.
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- To facilitate the daily running of the pharmacy department, providing a safe and effective medicines management service to all patients, staff, consultants and customers.
- Provide clinical input with respect to medicines to all patients.
- Ensure accurate and timely charging.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.