CONTRACT - Credit Risk Analytics & Modelling Manager SQL/SAS
A well known specialist lender & savings bank is looking for a Senior Credit Risk Analytics Manager on a contract basis to be responsible for the development and provision of meaningful analysis and modelling across the bank. You will be expected to conduct portfolio analysis, build and develop appropriate risk models and automated credit decisioning models/strategies to identify opportunities and mitigate risk/loss.
* Design, develop and implement credit risk models and scorecards validated to standards appropriate to the Bank and its activities.
* Develop and maintain the credit risk stress testing framework and provide credit risk input to ICAAP, ILAAP and RRP.
* Deliver forecasts and insight to provisions and losses including support for financial budgeting processes and key stakeholder requirements eg: investor presentations. Challenge business inputs, methodologies and assumptions for the calculation/forecasting of key provision information - Cost of risk, EL, arrears
* Ensure that the data used to assess credit risk is fit for purpose in terms of quality, quantity, breadth and timeliness.
* Provide input and oversight to the key credit risk systems used to support credit risk management including ownership of key external data feeds/sources.
* Delivery of key analytical tools which support credit risk management.
* Monitor developments across the credit industry. Make use of external market data available to benchmark performance, analyse and make recommendations where appropriate.
* Prepare and develop portfolio analysis to identify risk concentrations within the portfolio and to influence, support and develop origination and portfolio management strategies.
* Undertake strategic analysis of the portfolio, summarise results/conclusions and make recommendations where appropriate.
* Use internal and external data available to analyse and monitor the portfolio and to develop strategies/processes to mitigate risk/losses.
* Provide portfolio analysis to monitor shifts in population stability, trends on financial strength and/or signs of financial stress via risk grade scores and KRI's / characteristics.
* Prepare written reports and recommendations on the results of analysis carried out.
* Plan, prioritise and effectively manage workload to meet business objectives. Keep manager and stakeholders fully appraised of progress and timelines.
- SAS coding experience is ESSENTIAL
- Understanding of best practice in credit risk management and modelling
- Analytical experience, with high aptitude for data analytics and problem solving
- Advanced excel skills
- Proven experience working in a similar role within a financial services environment