Finance Manager - on going temp
My client is looking to recruit a Finance Manager on a temporary basis (which may eventually go permanent) for a global business based in Central London. You must come from one of the Big 4 and have also worked in a commercial environment.
The purpose of the role will be to support the local finance teams to ensure appropriate finance controls, systems and processes are in place in accordance with company policies and standards as well as to provide support to the regional controllers and local finance team(s) to enable them to meet their business goals and targets and liaison with Group Corporate functions.
It is a finance role within the Divisional finance team focused on providing appropriate challenge and support to aid the delivery of strategic goals, objectives and the annual budget as well as acting as a standard bearer in respect of monitoring international world-class standards in terms of financial reporting, control and compliance.
- Support and monitor the effectiveness of the financial control environments in the local businesses.
- Perform monthly control testing for businesses. Maintain an action log of all deficiencies raised. Chase overdue deliverables and revise deadlines where necessary
- Support the implementation and monitoring of company financial policies in the local businesses.
- Support on SOCs and SOX initiatives.
- Manage all Deficiencies raised during SOX testing in Archer. Ensure that deadlines are adhered to. Review evidence provided by the businesses to close deficiencies, to ensure that they are sufficient. Propose closures of open items to the Divisional Financial Controller. Provide an update of the progress of deficiency closures at the Group financial control steering committee meeting.
- Ensure that the local businesses comply with company Group monthly and quarterly reporting requirements.
- Review the financial data submitted by all businesses on a monthly basis in Cognos. Perform an analytical review and raise queries. Ensure errors are corrected timeously
- Support the local business with the Group legacy systems, including providing training where necessary (e.g. Cognos)
- Work with the local businesses to ensure that their reporting is compliant with US GAAP and company policies.
- Challenge of monthly figures submitted by businesses for accounting compliance.
- Ad-hoc queries and support to the businesses.
- Work with the local business to ensure proper compliance with the company policies including but not limited to:
Cash flow and borrowings
Working capital management
Challenge the financial figures submitted by the local business and support the FP&A process
Participate in ad-hoc projects as required
Job Holder Requirements
Professional finance qualification: ACA (preferable), ACCA
Educated to degree standard
SPECIFIC SKILLS (eg: Languages, software)
Capable of challenging in a constructive and positive manner
Communication - written and verbal is essential
Able to listen and influence / persuade through weight of reasoning and character
Ability to think strategically coupled with strong delivery skills
Cognos Controller experience an advantage
Experience in maintaining a strong financial control environment
Spanish and advantage but not essential
- 5+ years PQE… preferably with experience of working at in an international/multinational environment (retail/ FMCG organisation)
Professional background in corporate, auditing environments
Only relevant candidates will be contacted