Senior Sales Assistant - Oxford Westgate
T.M. Lewin have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Sales Assistant to join us on a full-time basis in our Oxford Westgate store.
We are truly proud of our history. As the original shirt makers in London, the first T.M. Lewin store opened in Jermyn Street in 1898. Mr T.M. Lewin himself developed the first buttoned down shirt, setting the tone for the shirt we know and love today. We now have close to 100 stores in the UK, with new stores opening in countries across the rest of the world, including Europe, Singapore and Australia. Fashions may have changed since 1898 but excellent craftsmanship, quality, service and value remain the driving force behind the T.M. Lewin brand and are some of the qualities we look for in our colleagues as well as our products.
As a retail Senior Sales Assistant or Supervisor at T.M.Lewin some of your daily responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Store Manager/Assistant Store Manager by personally providing and ensuring the team deliver a consistent and exceptional standard of customer service in the store and deputising effectively in their absence in all areas of the role.
- Greet customers immediately upon entry in a polite and courteous manner and to maintain contact
- Engage with the customer in order to fully understand their needs and then provide the appropriate help and support to ensure a pleasurable customer experience.
- Develop excellent knowledge of the full range of products and unique selling points in order to promote product benefits to customers.
- Provide advice and guidance to customers on clothing and accessory range, best fit and measuring services ensuring their needs are fully met.
- Always check to see if there is anything else the customer may need, making suggestions for complimentary purchases e.g. buying a suitable tie with a shirt, or cufflinks as appropriate.
- Carry out all sales transactions correctly and efficiently, neatly folding and carefully packing customer purchases.
- Efficiently and politely manage after sales service via telephone and letter, ensuring that the customer’s request or problems are resolved in line with company policy.
- Be aware of, build and develop networks and relationships with local corporate customers.
The Perfect Fit
The ideal applicant will have previous retail sales experience from a similar luxury retail environment.
- Natural leader and able to motivate and drive colleagues
- Passionate about customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for fashion is vital
- Strong track record of sales performance
- Ability to meet KPIs
- Immaculate personal presentation
You should also have a flexible approach, retail is a fast moving environment and will plan to utilise ALL of your skills from selling shirts to tidying up the mannequins. Full training and on-going development courses are available to all employees.
T.M. Lewin are passionate about our people and offer the opportunity to work in a fun, energetic and fast paced culture. We are high performing and provide high levels of challenge and support. In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with generous benefits for you and your family. Some of our benefits include: A generous holiday entitlement which grows with your length of service, a substantial discount for you AND your family and friends, your own choice of free work wear, a performance related bonus scheme, anniversary gift, LOVE2SHOP everyday benefit card offering discounts across 60 retailers and Cycle 2 Work scheme.