** R2R Accountant - York - £41-45K
The main purpose of this post is to produce consistent and accurate financial information in line with accounting policies and statutory requirements, along with providing financial support to other departments.
- Consistent production of management accounts, reports and other financial information using approved accounting policies and conventions as required by the Finance Services Manager, Financial Controller and Finance Director.
- Analyse management accounts to budget/forecast and last year and provide commentaries in support of the Finance Business Partnering team.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled to supporting documentary evidence with any variances investigated and resolved promptly. All reconciliations and support are referenced and filed on the period end file.
- Prepare year-end reporting packs and any relevant analysis in line with accounting policies to support auditing efforts, and to support the Finance team with the production of statutory accounts.
- Prepare year-end tax pack in accordance with the guidelines of our tax advisors and reference to supporting documentation. Submit to out tax advisors and resolve any queries promptly.
-Attendance at management meetings and any other meetings with the Finance team and wider business.
- Assist with the continuous improvement, and be proactive in identifying opportunities to improve processes and efficiencies.
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks requested by the Finance Services Manager or Financial Controller.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
-Excellent communication: oral, written and interpersonal skills.
-Proven report writing skills.
-Excellent IT skills (Excel advance).
-Flexible and adaptable.
-Ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure and be self motivating.
-Personal integrity and confidentiality
-Excellent time management skills.
-The ability to explain complex issues to non-experts to provide clarity and insight.
-Proven experience of preparing and presenting management accounts (journals, calculation of accruals & prepayments)
-Proven experience of year end process
-Experience of liaising with auditors for interim and year end audits
-Qualified in CIMA, ACCA or ACA level with sound understanding of fundamental accounting principles.
-Good working knowledge of current accounting software systems.
-Good knowledge of all accounting functions including purchase ledger, sales ledger, payroll, cash and banking, nominal ledger and stock.
For more information, please contact Jake stanley at Charterhouse Recruitment on or send your up to date CV to
Due to the volume of applications we receive if you have not heard from the managing consultant within 1 week please assume you have not been short listed.
Charterhouse Recruitment (Yorkshire) Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.
Charterhouse Recruitment (Yorkshire) Ltd is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments and an Employment Business for temporary assignments.
At Charterhouse Recruitment we are committed to protecting your personal data. Please click on the link below to read our privacy notice which provides you with all you need to know about how we will use and process your data