Outdoor Living Manager
We are seeking a professional Retail Manager to join our wonderful client, a fantastic independent firm based near Thetford as their new Outdoor Living Manager. This permanent, full-time role is a rare chance to join this superb independent business at Managerial level. This busy and varied role requires a friendly, dedicated worker who wants to be part of a 'family feel’ team.
As well as managing and leading a small team of three staff members, this role involves the day-to-day and overall responsibility for buying, stock management and merchandising for three departments; Garden Furniture, BBQs and Clothing. Additionally, you’d act as a Christmas Project Manager and will be part of a small team which manages all planning and execution of this big seasonal event! That includes attending shows and visiting suppliers to pick out product ranges each year as well as constructing and managing the Christmas department. A very organised, practical and creative approach is required!
The main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Effective and efficient day-to-day management of three busy departments
- Leading and motivating two Assistants and one Supervisor, delegating and directing them in their duties
- To operate the departments in such a way to ensure a positive customer experience, whilst driving sales and profitability through excellent service, promotions and effective, creative visual merchandising
- To be part of the Management team; attend weekly/monthly and project meetings, reporting of departmental sales figures and analysing these with the team to drive store performance
- Ensure the departments and areas within them are clean, tidy, well maintained and safe for customers and staff to be in
- Be a key part of the 4-person Christmas Project team; with colleagues, project manage Christmas at the store and all this entails. From buying product ranges, predicting trends, attending trade shows in the UK and Europe (a handful each year), to the actual setting up and construction of the Christmas department, dealing with staff, merchandising and packing down etc.
- Buying all product ranges for your departments; working with existing suppliers and responding to sales data on past products as well as trends and style changes to select a great range of products for sale
- Understanding of profit margins and how to maximise these. An analytical mind for reviewing sales reports and utilising the data to improve department performance
- Responding to seasons, trends and offers with effective buying of product ranges, promotions and visual merchandising
- Dealing with customer enquiries, orders and collections. Always offering great customer service
- To act as the Duty Manager as and when required
- Experience in a Retail Management role where you’ve had responsibility for managing people, visual merchandising and buying
- A very organised approach
- An understanding of and interest in Garden Furniture, BBQ’s, Clothing and Christmas
- Strong merchandising skills and a creative flair is absolutely essential!
- Good IT and written communication skills
- The ability to compile and interpret sales reports effectively
- The ability to project manage the ranging, building, displaying and running of a busy Christmas Department
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel to trade shows etc.
- A great team spirit - the kind of person who is happy to get their sleeves rolled up and stuck in!
- A quick-thinking, unflappable nature with the ability to think on your feet and always consistently offer great customer service
This is such a superb opportunity for a passionate Retail Management professional who has buying and merchandising experience and enjoys a fast-paced, varied role.
This role involves a 43-hour working week with Friday evenings and weekend work every other week. When working a weekend/long Friday you will receive a regular day off in the week in lieu.
Midweek hours are from 8:30am - 6:00pm, every other Friday working from 11am - 8pm. Weekends from 8:30am - 6:00pm.
This is a great chance to join a genuinely lovely group of people, in a varied role. Our client are offering a competitive rate of pay, plus generous discounts on their products. To apply for this position, please submit your CV through our website or alternatively via Reed.co.uk
Due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us via email to request specific feedback on your application.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East), as well as Instagram (@horizonsearchandselection) to hear about all of our latest jobs as well as company and industry company news!