Location: Thames valley region - including; Swindon, Oxford, Slough, West London, Petersfield, Poole
Salary: £31,960 (Package up to £50,000) depending on skills and experience
Permanent | Full Time Hours
What's the job?
As a Cable Jointer you'll be involved in all aspects of work on our HV and LV Network; carrying out jointing and cabling work for supply restoration on a pre-planned and quick response basis. You'll be working and building a career in a supportive team, with a strong sense of development and process improvement, where your input counts.
A flexible approach to work is essential for our Cable Jointers as your role will be mobile and involve travelling as required, however, travel will be within your region and not require you to be away from home. We take pride in our role and serve our local communities. Whatever the weather, if a fault is detected on our network, our skilled teams will be there to safely restore the power to our customers.
At SSE, our number one priority is safety, while we commit to providing the very best service to our customers, we will never compromise the safety of our colleagues, we need like-minded jointers to join our teams!
What do you need from me?
So, now that we have your attention, what do we need from you?
- Relevant experience working in a similar role is essential
- Track record in construction, repair & operation of electrical plant & equipment up to 11kV
- Sound HV and LV electrical knowledge
- Full UK driving license
What's in it for me?
Lots of good things. Here's a few;
- Base salary up to £31,960
- Overtime, standby and call out pay
- Generous holiday allowance (with options to purchase up to ten days additional leave)
- Group Pension Plan
- Great share plans and share incentive schemes
- Substantial maternity and paternity leave provision
- Comprehensive and tailored development opportunities, with encouraged internal mobility
- One 'Be the Difference' day allowing colleagues to take part in a paid voluntary action day of their choice
At Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN), our skilled teams operate and maintain our electricity distribution and transmission networks, carrying electricity to over 3.7 million homes across the north of the Central Belt of Scotland and Central Southern England.
Operations are responsible for keeping the lights on; we are at the front line on the Network. If we find a fault, it is our responsibility to respond to the fault, and dispatch our skilled teams to fix it as quickly as possible. We work in all hours, and through all weathers, ensuring our customers are never without power.
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long. We are reviewing applications on an on-going basis; therefore early application is advised.
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you're internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you're successful, we'll conduct some pre-employment checks.