Business Development Manager
JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager - VAPE
Our Clients mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. Our Client is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million pods per month.
- The Business Development Manager (BDM) manages a territory of vape retail customers in a defined geographic area
- The BDM is a pivotal role within the UK sales team with responsibilities for developing and growing Our Clients new product listings, distribution, rate of sale and retailer share of mind/voice through seamless execution of territory plans at store level
- Performance in this role will be measured primarily by achievement of product listings, volume and sales growth, implementation and execution of training, trade programmes and in-store visual merchandising
- This role is ideal for someone currently working in Field Sales in the tobacco, drinks or related FMCG categories
- This role reports to the Area Sales Manager
- Developing new business opportunities through regular store visits, product promotions, incentives including trade programmes and in-store events
- Sell in/implementation of joint business plans, product listings, new customer acquisition and implementation of trade programmes and training schemes
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with key decision makers.
- Conducting staff training for vape customers and supporting Head of Vape Channel with staff training for major chain customer’s and distributor sales teams.
- Keeping informed of and contributing to the development of the UK Vape Channel strategies.
- Maintaining comprehensive and up-to-date market, commercial and customer records in Salesforce.
- Reporting on competitor information, new product developments, promotions and brand activities.
- To negotiate placement of POSM and fixtures. Ensuring ongoing compliance.
- Negotiate, agree and manage trade programmes and engagement initiatives.
- Ensure initiatives are executed according to agreed plan.
- To deliver agreed sales targets for assigned geography.
- Experience and knowledge of the FMCG retail environment
- Experience and ability to manage a large group of stores across a geographic area
- Persuasive and adaptable presenter - ability to positively influence different stores and staff
- Key Attributes Necessary for Success
- Strong resilience and desire to drive continuous improvements and operate in a changing environment
- Ability to build and develop collaborative relationships - internal and external
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- A full UK driving license is required for this role
- At least 3 year experience working in a field sales or business development role in the FMCG sector or experience working in the vape channel a plus
- BA/BS degree preferred but not required
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy
- £6000 car allowance, 45p a mile/25p post 10k
- Lunch allowance
- Health Care
- 20% bonus
- Basic £24000 - £32000