Junior Procurement Analyst
Immediate start for a good communicator in a role which is likely to become a permanent opportunity
Your new company
One of the top firms within its field in the UK. Priding themselves in benefiting peoples lives for over 150 years, this organisation are world renowned company.
Your new role
The Procurement Team works to achieve "value for money", compliance and protects the reputation for
the University by providing professional procurement advice and guidance. As part of this team the junior
category analyst will maintain and contribute to a number of key functions and small procurement
- Maintain the teams key performance indicators via an excel spreadsheet
- support team members by providing regular spend analysis
- provide weekly reports on high value spend across the business
- provide monthly department report on the reasons why the orders were non-compliance
- Analyse and provide a monthly report on the businesses purchasing and credit card spend
- Establish strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Produce a monthly newsletter for distribution across and to uphold high customer service standards when administering this account
- Monitor the generic Procurement email address and to uphold high customer service standards when administering this account.
- Responsible for the Procurement web content and management of tender documentation
- Work closely with colleagues in Finance to ensure delivery of financial objectives
- Provide support to the team on development and delivery of training
- Provide support top the team on development and delivery of training
- Provide support to the team at events such as supplier open days
- Lead small procurement's projects for indirect goods/services
- To assist in managing the tendering process for high value contracts
- To assist with the commercial negotiations and work towards given targets
- To consistently consider and propose ways in which the business can reduce cost and streamline processes and activities
- To support the team to develop strategies and ways for working in order to gain competitive edge
- To support the team in vendor management of live contracts
What you'll need to succeed
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is looking to progress quickly in a growing procurement function and take advantage of full company support and financial backing through CIPS.
The Procurement Director is a huge advocate in investing in candidates who indulge in opportunity and value their own career develop.
In order to be able to fulfil and grow in this role you do not need to have procurement experience but must have:
- Superb communication skills
- Strong Excel
- Experience of analyses of complex data.
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.