Senior Production Engineer
I am currently working on behalf of Stanley Black & Decker who due to strategic restructure are now looking to recruit a high calibre, Senior Production Engineer (Senior Value Stream Engineer) who will be responsible managing, leading and developing a team of value stream engineers.
Stanley Black & Decker Corporation is the largest tool manufacturer in the world. The HTAS group provides hand tools, power tools, accessories and storage solutions for customers whose primary market drivers are construction, automotive repair and industrial production.
Stanley cover construction, military, mining, agriculture, energy, aviation, and manufacturing. The industrial tool businesses build the tools that build your world. They are capable of bringing the strength of the world's largest tool company to provide multi-platform solutions to the construction, industrial and automotive repair industry.
As a global leader, Stanley Black & Decker can bring together the best in science, technology, business and human resources to continue to grow and succeed in their market and are now looking to recruit a high calibre, Senior Production Engineer (Senior Value Stream Engineer) to be based at the Rotherham, Hellaby operations.
As the Senior Production Engineer (Senior Value Stream Engineer) you will report directly into the Rotherham plant manager and will be responsible for managing, leading and developing a team of value stream engineers to ensure safety, quality and delivery of products and processes, from raw material to finished goods ready to ship.
You will assume overall accountability for the production costs and efficiency of the value streams and directly interact with all internal departments including, quality, value stream managers, suppliers and external customers.
You will be focused on driving production improvements across the value streams and ensure lean concepts are used to drive process improvements, data analysis, standardisation and regular project management.
- Coach, Lead and Develop a team of value stream engineers in best practices.
- Work with product teams to insure manufacturability of new product(s), machine specifications, plant capital requirements, project timelines, and production launch.
- Conduct regular 1-2-1's with the team including setting objectives, reviewing performance and supporting training and personal development.
- Deal with HR issues, including disciplinary meetings when required.
- Monitor compliance with corporate EH&S goals and compliance objectives.
- Fully support and comply with all ISO Quality and Environmental Systems and SFS objectives and projects.
- Support the value stream engineers in preparing budgets for the value streams operates within established cost controls.
- Be accountable for establishing and executing productivity projects to meet plant targets.
- Regularly review and analyse various types of manufacturing related reports and keeps senior management informed of significant activities and problems.
To apply for this position you will have strong mechanical engineering skills, preferably gained within one of the following positions;
Value Stream Engineer, Production Engineer, Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Mechanical Engineer or Project Engineer.
- Minimum of HNC in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing experience (Green Belt advantageous)
- Ability to lead, motivate and manage a team.
- Methodical, with excellent organisational skills.
- Strong root cause analysis experience to eliminate reoccurring problems.
Excellent Salary, Depending on Experience