Head of Social, PR & Internal Comms
As Head of Social, PR & Internal Comms you will take the lead for telling the key stories for the brand across a variety of Social, PR & Internal comms channels. You will lead a predominately social team and be well versed and experienced in being able to drive engagement and increase audience levels through key social channels such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and be instrumental in increasing our social reach and effectiveness of this channel. You will also deliver key stories to our PR agency who will use their expertise to disseminate these stories.
In this role you will define and lead an advocacy and communications strategy that elevates the brand, drives brand consideration and builds high levels of engagement with colleagues, celebrity and member ambassadors, influencers, consumers and members of the press.
You will define and develop strategic Paid and Earned communications that will enhance the brand’s UK image and reputation. This role will require you to strategically manage and deliver audience-centric content across Social, PR and Internal Comms, that supports the overall business objectives. Working closely with global counterparts to ensure brand consistency and spearheading collaborative ways of working.
A subject matter expert on culture and instrumental in ensuring the right foundations are maintained for fostering a great place to work, as well as serving as a strategic communications advisor to the UK business and leadership team across all business units and functions.
Your will provide inspirational and visionary leadership and develop the Social, PR and Internal Comms team members through active coaching to improve skills and progress career development.
- Lead the development & implementation of an advocacy and communications strategy, consistent with the global purpose that establishes the company as a global wellness company and a leader in weight management.
- Lead team to deliver market leading Social and PR campaigns that create 'talkability’ and 'buzz’. Working collaboratively with the Head of Campaigns to drive TTL consistency and deliver joined up customer-centric campaigns.
- Define and develop strategic Paid and Earned communications that will enhance the brand’s UK image and reputation. Strategically managing and delivering audience-centric content across Social, PR and Internal Comms, that support increased brand adoption, revenue growth and heightened customer LTV.
- Develop and lead all celebrity, member ambassador and influencer relationships, as well as on-boarding new advocates, ensuring they are delivering messages that support the overall global vision and deliver business growth.
- Reinforce the company's position in the UK health debate with thought leadership activity and an effective stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Protect the reputation of the brand and ensure effective issues management and council all departments on approach.
- Leading the strategy and delivery of internal communications across the organisation and provide communications advice for projects and colleagues.
- Responsible for building employee advocacy to continue building workplace culture.
- Operate a highly effective day-to-day media relations function, managing proactive briefings with members of the press and handling reactive enquiries, during office hours and out-of-hours.
- Measure and report the performance of all social and advocacy marketing campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs) with a strong focus on delivering positive results.
- Own the social marketing footprint and evolution. Provide thought leadership on new technologies that keep the brand at the forefront of developments in social marketing.
- Lead external Social and PR agencies, to deliver results that meet business objectives.
- Work collaboratively with global teams for idea sharing, brainstorming and problem solving.
- Provide inspirational and visionary leadership and develop the Social, PR and Internal Comms team members through active coaching, to improve skills and progress career development.
- Playing an active role on the EMT, shaping and leading conversations, driving through positive change.
Key Skills/Competencies: Outstanding leadership qualities & experience leading large teams covering multiple disciplines.
- 10+ years’ experience in leading Social, PR and Internal Comms teams.
- Strong experience and expertise in social media & PR strategy and execution for large, well known brands.
- Demonstrable experience of leading internal communications with a track record of driving employee engagement.
- Results driven with a track record of turning big ideas into successful brand innovations.
- Highly organized and exceptionally calm under pressure.
- A self-starter, with initiative and follow-through.
- Confident operator with ability to think and act quickly, in response to changing conditions.
- Comfortable in taking appropriate risks to maximise opportunities for the business.
- Authoritative and credible presentational style.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface collaboratively cross-functionally and relate both upwards and downwards within an organisation and with agencies.
- Experienced in leading and developing multi discipline teams.
- Strong financial acumen with analytical and reporting skills.
- Innovative and creative.
- Ambitious with a real desire to make a difference.
- Strong personal integrity and accountability.
- Excellent strategic thinker and problem solver.
- Familiarity with social tools, including Hootsuite, Sprinklr, and Google Analytics.