We have a fantastic opportunity for a Management Accountant to join a Group of companies at their head office based in North Stoke. This position will support the Group Financial Controller in the timely production of trading company and other group company's monthly management accounts.
As a business they are going through a period of growth therefore this is a great opportunity for an individual to add value and help to shape the finance department. You will need to be hardworking, efficient and possess excellent attention to detail. This role is integral to the finance department. Working as part of the head office function and closely with non-finance colleagues.
- Evaluate financial information to provide informed decisions
- Support the Group Financial Controller in the timely production of trading company and other group company's monthly management accounts
- Year end information including reconciliation and control of nominal accounts
Responsibility for preparation of a dedicated area of the business monthly accounts and management of 1 member of staff ensuring business processes and procedures are adhered to, all sales invoicing ,closing of sales and purchase ledgers in a timely manner.
- Review financial information and provide commentary on the variances
- Provide payroll back up support
- Prepare all statutory declarations to HMRC including VAT return, Intrastat and EC Sales declarations
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Annual audit preparation
- Responses to ad-hoc queries and involvement in projects as required
Ability to work with colleagues in a very commercial company. Happy to constructively challenge and support non finance colleagues. You will have strong attention to detail, a structured approach and be able to work to the Group timetable. Strong Excel skills are a must. Knowledge of SAGE 200 knoweldge advantageous but not essential.
CIMA/ACCA qualified or studying towards with a view to completing. You will hold appropriate experience of operating at this level with an excellent working knowing of Excel. Candidates who are not professionally qualified are invited to apply.
For additional information please contact Kerri-Ann Hargreaves.
Privacy notice: At H2 Consultancy we take your privacy seriously. We process personal data relating to people who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications (this could include name, address, email, phone no., qualifications, employment history). The information provided by a candidate will only be processed and used to contact you as part of the recruitment process - note, we may contact you about the specific job you have applied for or about other vacancies which we feel you may be suitable for.