Process Design Engineer - chemical
Process Design Engineer
Contract - end of 2019
40 hours per week
Royston and Brimsdown sites
Pay is negoiable depending on experience and skills
We are looking for an experienced Chemical Process Design Engineer (contract) - to aid with the process design of a new Chemicals Processing Plant, working within a large Process design team. Opportunities at both Royston and Brimsdown, roles will be based at one site with some travel required to the other.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and selection of new process equipment and associated systems.Key responsibilities
- Process design development through standard process design documentation:
- Update of design base layer documents PFD, Process description, Equipment list, Basis of Design and safety, PIDs and interlocks.
- Process Design Calculations: Equipment, line, instrument and relief sizing calculations
- Process Equipment Data sheets
- Instrument specifications and Process Data Sheets
- Control Descriptions
- Process safety understanding
- Attend Hazard Studies, response to process actions and tasks arising
- Liaison, and interaction with other disciplines within the project and external Vendors
- Progress reporting
- Model reviews
You will have:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering (Masters Preferred)
- Strong demonstrated recent hands on experience as Chemical Process Design Engineer working on large process design projects, both FEED and detail design.
- A minimum of 5 years experience, ideally 10 years or more.
- Demonstrated flexibility having worked in different smaller scale sectors Pharmaceuticals and fine chemicals.
- Ideally Experience working on process design of precious metals (high value) recycling projects
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer through a relevant professional body
- Full understanding of P&IDs and PFDs and other process documents
- Full understanding of hazard studies
Guidant is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.