SAP P2P PROCUREMENT PROCESS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER (1 year FTC or interim to Permanent)
SAP P2P PROCUREMENT PROCESS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER (Permanent or 1 year FTC or Interim to Permanent)
£Competitive + Blue Chip Benefits Package
Location: North West
Commutable from Ellesmere Port, Mold, Wrexham, Birkenhead, Wallasey, Chester, Warrington, Runcorn, Widnes, Liverpool, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, Greater Manchester, Wigan, Newton le Willows, Leigh, Heywood, Skelmersdale.
Our client is a global multinational undergoing a period of transformation and change.
As part of a strategic transformation of the procurement function moving to a shared service and category management model across its global operating units, our client seeks to strengthen its team with the appointment of an ambitious, university degree educated SAP P2P Procurement Process Improvement Manager. This role is available either on an interim 12-month contract or interim to permanent or permanent basis.
Our client is focused on delivering efficiency to its global operations and rising to the challenge of ensuring that its data and systems are secure and robust. As a consequence, they have embarked on a major transformation programme to deliver a significant change to the way IT/Information Technology, especially SAP and SAP P2P works within the organisation.
Specifically, our client would like to significantly enhance its procurement capabilities and visibility, control and management of procurement spend through greater utilisation of its SAP and SAP P2P procurement technology. The focus will be on delivering efficiencies, centralised billing, market analysis, price checking, spend analytics and reporting, transparency and control, strategic cost management ultimately delivering maximised value and improved financial performance for the organisation.
- Working closely with the Procurement, Category Management and Finance/Accounts Payable teams, you will analyse, identify, develop and implement strategies to improve SAP P2P procurement process standardisation, efficiency and effectiveness, across multiple sites, including first time invoice matching.
- Work with the Procurement, Category Management, Finance/Accounts Payable and business teams to coordinate the design and documentation of P2P policies, processes and procedures.
- Work with cross functional teams to design and implement a new and enhanced purchasing and procurement operating model to improve end to end SAP P2P (Procure 2 Pay) processes.
- Coordinate the communication, promotion and compliance of SAP P2P policies, procedures and guidance to stakeholders.
- Support and provide SAP P2P training and guidance to business and functional teams. Thereby helping to increase process knowledge and aid in the adoption of procurement best practice.
- Lead SAP P2P data and reporting improvement activities.
- Develop and manage SAP P2P procurement process improvement project plans and reporting to track and monitor progress as required.
The Ideal Person will possess the following qualifications, experience, skills and competencies:
- A university degree and ideally CIPS (or equivalent) qualification
- Experience of working across global operations or multi-site environments and a keen sense of cultural awareness
- Excellent knowledge of SAP P2P gained from a procurement perspective.
- Extensive knowledge of procurement in a Buyer or Category or Purchasing role.
- A proven track record in value delivery, improvement activity and best practice development in IT/Information Technology procurement such as SAP P2P.
- Building relationships internally and externally to enable you to be successful in your role and to contribute to the development of our client as a world-class procurement organisation
- A thirst for knowledge, an inquisitive mind-set and drive for results.
In return our client offers a very competitive salary and blue-chip benefits package and the opportunity to work with a market leader at a pivotal stage in its transformation.