A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve "Gold Standard" Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.The role
Shoosmiths are seeking a Software Developer to assist with the development and enhancement of the functionality of its' case management system, Visualfiles. The Software Developer will develop Visualfiles in line with the firms' requirements, ensuring that the reliability and integrity of these systems falls within Shoosmiths’ targeted 99.9% uptime.
You may have experience in the following: Visualfiles (Lexis), Software Engineering, Case Management Systems, Software Development, .NET, Systems Administrator, Graduate Software Developer.Main responsibilities
- To participate in the full development cycle of a project, including analysis, functional design, technical design, development, test and remediation plus documentation.
- Administer the Visualfiles in accordance with the needs of the users.
- Provide a key point of liaison between relevant areas of the firm and the IS Department to ensure rapid response to all problems, ideas, issues and queries raised.
- Resolve problems relating to applications and their use, within Visualfiles
- Work with other members of IS and the business to ensure that effective change control is operated.
- Support other members of the Development team and of the IS Department as a whole.
- Ensure that internal customers receive the highest levels of service.
(95%) Case management development, administration, application support and analysis
(5%) Other tasks as appropriate
Technical skills and competencies
- Self-motivating with a flexible approach, including a preparedness to actively seek work.
- An inquisitive and analytical mind, but well grounded in reality.
- A methodical and accurate worker, able to see projects through to the end.
- The ability to express ideas clearly in speech, email and documentation.
- The confidence, maturity and stature to deal effectively with colleagues in all parts and levels of the firm.
- 1+ years of Visualfiles experience either as an advanced user or administrator.
- Good understanding of IT systems and infrastructure.
- Basic understanding of a Microsoft programming language.
- .Net development
Experience, qualifications and other role-specific requirements
- Previously worked within a law firm, professional services firm or other service sector industry
Occasional travel to other Shoosmiths offices may be necessary.
It is essential that the Systems Developer can work flexible or extended hours to complete some tasks outside of core business hours of 08:00 to 18:00.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include full employment references covering the last 5 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 5 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will highlight insolvency or County Court Judgments etc);
Terrorism Check (against data supplied by the Bank of England), eIDV check and a Criminal Records Bureau check.Equal opportunities
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.