Quality Assurance Engineer
Curtiss-Wright are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Industrial Division at our new facility by Bournemouth Airport. Reporting to the Director of Quality this is a key position to promote a quality approach in all activities throughout the business.
You will be responsible for driving improvement through continuous assessment and monitoring of the supply chain; and undertaking detailed root cause analysis and identification of preventive actions.
The successful candidate will be passionate about ensuring business processes are optimized and observed, passionate about quality and highly self-motivated.
- Supporting the engineering team for new product development and change control activities
- Conducting First Article and Initial Sample inspections of components and finished goods
- Generating and updating PPAP documentation and liaise with customers for approval
- Generating and analyzing data metrics to enable early identification of product quality and other improvement opportunities
- Auditing, approving and continuously monitor suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure that product quality and business interests are upheld
- Returning items to suppliers when deemed not acceptable and liaise directly with suppliers to determine root causes and corrective actions
- Investigating and reporting on the resolution of product quality issues and customer complaints using the 8D format and ensure that suitable corrective and preventive actions are identified and implemented
- Developing and maintaining business processes to promote best practice throughout the business
- Performing product and system audits to ISO 9001, generate audit reports and ensure the resolution of identified non-conformities
- Participating in and promote 5S and continuous improvement activities throughout the business.
- HNC, HND or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar Quality position
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Flexibility to travel on occasion if requires
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.