Our Plymouth based manufacturing client is a leader in their niche market. Due to continued growth they now require an Electronic Technician. This role offers the chance to work day shift for a market leader with real job security.
- To supply the technical and quality support in the manufacture of their specialist product assuring a Quality product and service is supplied to their customers.
- The Electronic Technician will also support the service and repair department for operational and administrative processes.
- Support Operations management and supervisory personnel in the creation and development of work procedures and standard Ops.
- Provide first level technical response on quality concerns, performing investigations and effective corrective action.
- Evaluate and critique current practices, developing continuous improvement initiatives benefitting the quality of products, reducing scrap and rework.
- Continually improve the setup, calibration and test procedures used within Manufacturing and Repair departments.
- To be pro-active in identifying potential quality concerns and implementing robust corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Assist with driving quality improvements within the plant using fact based statistical tools.
- Liaise with design / production engineering for suggested continuous improvements to improve quality output.
- BTEC / HNC / HND in engineering ideally electronics quality or other related field would be desired.
- Must have previous manufacturing industry experience within a Technical or engineering function.
- Experience in electronics manufacturing would be desired.
- Experience of in-depth electronics principles would be preferred.
- Experience in working with ERP systems and good PC skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Word is preferred.