Learning Support assistants - NG23
We are specifically working with an alternative provision in the Newark, Nottinghamshire area of NG23, who are looking for THREE Learning Support Assistants (LSA) who are available to start ASAP. The support assistants will be required to work in 1:1 with students in small groups of 3 students per class and be looking for permanent employment.
The alternative provision is in the process of becoming residential school, however are looking for LSA to support within the school only. There are 28 pupils in the school currently, aged between 7 and 19 years old. The school offer a unique learning environment and are looking for like minded learning support staff who can support a creative and enthusiastic work environment.
Do you have the following skills/qualifications?
- Experience of being a LSA, TA, Behaviour Mentor or working in Youth/Care Work
- Experience working 1:1 or in small groups
- Available full time ASAP
- Experience of working in a school or residential setting with children who have Special Educational Needs ideally with ASC would be beneficial
- Experience supporting in a range of subjects using a versatile and creative approach (including, Maths, Science, English, D&T)
- Calm and patient, nurturing personality
- Experienced managing challenging behaviour calmly and with confidence
- Confident to implement and follow Individual Education Plans and be willing to contribute to Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP)
- Team Teach training or other equivalent behaviour management training (desirable but NOT essential as the school will provide training)
- DBS on the Online Update Service
If you think you have the relevant skillset for this role, please contact Kathryn on .
We look forward to hearing from you.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.