Service Desk Team Leader
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve "Gold Standard" Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.The role
To supervise the day-to-day operations of the Service Desk in conjunction with the Support Manager, ensuring SLA’s & KPI’s are met in line with agreed working practices. To identify & specify improvements in the Service Desk System ensuring maximum return on investment.Main responsibilities
- Ensure that the Service Desk is operational and suitably resourced during core business hours (currently Mon-Fri 8am-6pm).
- Deputise as Incident Manager as required.
- To aid the Support Manager to coordinate the provision of first and second line support staff through the IS Service Desk.
- To co-ordinate the delivery of a quality IS service to all Shoosmiths offices & external clients.
- To ensure that, both through direct response and co-ordinating escalation of problems where appropriate, users are able to operate with maximum systems availability and understanding of the desktop environment.
- Provide guidance and coaching to the virtual support team in response to requests from the business to help them get the most out of the systems and applications available to them.
- To coordinate first and second line support, in response to requests from the business & external clients.
- To provide a key provision of liaison between relevant areas of the business and the IS department to ensure rapid response to all problems, ideas, issues and queries raised.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the IS departments Team Leaders & Managers.
- Have a good understanding of the systems available within Shoosmiths.
- Assist other areas of the IS department as and when required.
- Be aware of current Health and Safety requirements and co-operate with Facilities Management.
- To work within the guidelines and procedures provided by the IS Department.
(50%) Perform the full Job Responsibilities of "Service Desk Analyst"
(25%) Assist the Support Manager in maintaining and developing the Sunrise Incident Management System, thus allowing maximum return on investment.
(20%) To provide guidance to team regarding Service Desk procedures, technical issues, work priorities, and special requests from the Shoosmiths community.
(5%) Other tasks as appropriateSkills and qualifications
Technical skills and competencies
- Ability to deal with customers at all levels through an approachable and customer focused awareness.
- Customer focused, but with firm and proactive management style.
- An inquisitive and analytical mind who is service driven.
- Supervises and participates in the study of Service Desk operations and procedures, advising the Support Manager of any improvements that can be made.
- A methodical and accurate worker, able to manage life cycle of incidents through to conclusion.
- The ability to communicate clearly in speech, email, and documentation.
- The confidence, maturity, and stature to deal effectively with colleagues in all parts and levels of the business.
Role-specific knowledge and expertise
- Good understanding of IT systems and infrastructure.
- Able to delegate effectively.
- Experience of providing support across multiple sites.
- Experience managing a Service Desk operation.
- Able to manage support teams, ensuring service levels are maintained & KPI’s met.
Experience, qualifications, and other role-specific requirements
- Good A Levels/BTEC.
- At least 4 years IT support experience in a service industry.
- Qualified at ITIL foundation level or above.
- Equivalent and preferably some professional qualification such as MCP or MOUS certification.
- Extensive knowledge of Service Desk Management.
- Qualified to HND/BSc level or above
- Experience in a law firm, professional services firm or other service sector industry.
It is essential that the Service Desk Team Leader can work flexible or extended hours to complete some tasks outside of core business hours of 08:00 to 18:00.
Travel to other Shoosmiths offices will be necessary on occasions.Equal opportunities
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.