Assistant Property Accountant, Central London. - Our client is a long established and successful real estate business involved in investment, development and joint venture projects and the management of a portfolio of commercial, residential and retail properties. They have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Property Accountant to join their team and become an important link between property management and property finance. The focus is on financial matters relating to income from properties owned and let by our client.
An excellent range of benefits is being offered in addition to a salary of between £33k and £38k. To apply successfully you will be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively carry out the following responsibilities and specifically have worked with Qube software;
- Preparing and issuing all monthly and quarterly demands including rent, insurance, on account service charges and utility charges.
- Updating tenants accounts with all funds received by standing orders, cheques etc.
- Reporting to all Property Managers and the Financial Controller all monies received each day with full details.
- Maintain full and accurate records of arrears and actions taken in respect of credit control.
- Sending out tenant statements on a regular basis.
- Reporting monthly on interest due on arrears monthly to the property managers and Financial Controller, posting and sending invoices for interest authorised by Property Managers;
- Updating QUBE database: new tenancies, end of tenancies, diary events, contact details and all charges
- Collect Turnover information from tenants in accordance with the terms of their Lease
- Calculate RPI Rent Increases and issue Rent Review Memos for signature by the tenant
- Check Rent Deposit Deeds to see if rent deposits need to be increased after Rent Reviews
- Update schedules - Tenancy, Insurance, Valuation, each time there is a change in circumstance
- Liaising with the Property Managers regarding lease diary events to monitor changes required;
- Set up and close rent deposit accounts with the bank and update Qube
- Run quarterly reports and monitor the changes in previous credit scores
- Assisting Property Managers with arrears schedules, completion statements and information required on new lettings and expiries; Maintaining lease document registers and electronic document database
- Calculation of service charge caps in conjunction with the Property Managers.
- Other financial reporting required in relation to property tenancies.
- Prepare bank quarterly covenant reports for properties with outstanding loans
- Annual rent deferrals. Update gross rent projections quarterly.
This is a great opportunity for a Finance / Accounts professional with property sector experience, who is articulate, enthusiastic and enjoys working as part of a team with tight deadlines. To find out more or to apply for this role, please email your CV to Onyx Recruitment.