Senior Category Manager - Southampton - £60k
Senior Category Manager required to join a growing and changing business and play a key in ensuring their progressive procurement strategy delivers the business ambition - both in GB and internationally.
In this new role, you will own and manage a diverse set of contracts with an annual value of £19m, from managing the expanding external supply chain to getting involved in cutting edge technology projects such as driverless cars and smart cities. As deputy to the Head of Procurement, you will also play a key role in developing and mentoring the wider team - and lead on cross-business initiatives and innovative sourcing solutions that drive our success.
The Senior Category Manager will:
- Understand and identify trends within the market, work with key suppliers and support key stakeholders to deliver value and innovative solutions that will achieve business success.
- Influence and give advice to senior level stakeholders, including Directors, to ensure business alignment with overall procurement strategy, and increase business maturity in understanding and managing relevant commercial and operational risks.
- Lead on negotiations to ensure the best value and business outcomes are achieved in terms of cost and performance.
- Interpret financial models and analyse market and industry data to develop and implement relevant category strategies which fulfil business strategy.
- Recommend strategic sourcing options, tactics, implementation plans, commercial supply risks, whilst ensuring compliance with all legislative requirements.
The successful Category Manager will have
- In depth category management knowledge and managing procurement spend
- Strong knowledge of procurement and commercial operations, analytics and reporting
- The ability to maintain and strengthen existing relationships with key suppliers
- Experience in a complex environment with a high level of interface with a diverse range of stakeholders and customers
- Demonstrable influencing and negotiation skills, working with key stakeholders including strategic suppliers
- An excellent track record in motivating and leading a team
- Knowledge of SAP
- MCIPS qualified
- Identified and managed commercial and business risks