Support Worker (Christchurch)
Team Brain Injury Support are looking for additional Male* Support Workers for our Bank positions in the area of Winchester.*This is a genuine occupational qualification, in accordance with schedule 9, part 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
This role will involve supporting within this person’s home over long shifts during the day.
The person we support does not require help with their personal care, manual handling or any clinical care. However, we assist him with his finances and budgeting; otherwise the person we support is fairly independent. To be successful in your application for this role it is essential that applicants are able to drive with access to their own vehicle.
The shifts and hours to be covered are:
- Monday - Friday from 10AM to 6PM
Rates of pay are
- £9.00 Monday - Friday / £10.35 Saturday / £11.25 Sunday Day Rate
- £10.35 Monday - Friday / £10.80 Saturday / £11.70 Sunday Waking Night Rate
- £6.21 Monday - Friday / £6.21 Saturday / £6.75 Sunday Sleep Night Rate
Suitable candidates will need to have a minimum of 6 months experience, be able to provide suitable references and be able to obtain a suitable DBS, which will be supplied free of charge.
You will be
- Supporting people in their rehabilitation and actively participating in this process with them
- Help to organise daily activities in order to facilitate independence
- Interact in a comprehensive and professional manner with other support staff
- Identify and communicate observations as well as changes with the person we are supporting
- Administering medication
- Always putting the needs and rights of the people we support first.
Benefits of working with Team Brain Injury Support
- You will have regular contact with you area manager and Care Coordinator
- 25 Days of holiday per year, Pro Rata
- Nurse led approach for clinical needs
- Monthly Rotas
- Free DBS Check
- Full 24hr, 365 Day on call service
- Mileage paid within guidelines set out in policy.