Applications Engineer - Electromagnetics
Aspire Cambridge are recruiting for an Applications Engineer with a specialty in Electromagnetism on behalf of our client based in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
Our client provides software solutions for multiphysics modelling to both commercial and academic customers. From the Cambridge office, they sell to several top engineering and scientific teams in the UK and Ireland. This is a small-office environment in a rapidly growing, diverse company. As such, you will be entrusted with a broad range of responsibilities, allowing for personal and professional growth.
They are seeking an individual with a strong background in electromagnetism. Suitable candidates will have a background in one or more of the following applications: capacitive, resistive or inductive systems; permanent magnets or electromagnets. Candidates will be expected to display familiarity with basic theory for all of the above applications.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to use your skills in physics, engineering, and mathematics to support both commercial and academic customers undertaking a variety of physical modelling and simulation tasks using COMSOL Multiphysics software. Your main responsibilities will include:
- providing technical advice to the sales team at both pre- and post-sales stages
- providing support and explanation to customers by email, by phone and in person
- conducting training courses
- Work closely with the sales team and customers at both pre- and post-sales stages.
- Support the customer using multiphysics by addressing their modelling requirements and providing guidance, advice, and modelling assistance in a wide variety of application areas.
- Create and deliver product demonstrations at public workshops, customer meetings and professional conferences.
- Conduct both public and customer bespoke training courses on multiphysics.
- Interact with both potential and existing customers in both industry and academia.
- Develop benchmark models to demonstrate features and capabilities of multiphysics to meet the modelling requirements of customers.
- Work collaboratively with developers and other Application Engineers, both in the UK and other offices, to establish a productive and proactive working environment.
- This role will also include some travel within the UK and Republic of Ireland
- A strong mathematical and physics background, especially in electromagnetics and related fields. Proven proficiency with computational analysis is beneficial but not essential.
- An aptitude for problem-solving and discerning the physics underlying complex modelling projects.
- Positive and professional communication both in person and on the phone, with concise writing skills and the ability to communicate with confidence in a client-facing environment.
- Business-oriented and willing to work with customers and the sales team.
- Ability to interact with customers from a diverse range of industries and research organisations, and genuine interest in working in a technical sales environment.
- Strong time-management skills, with the ability to balance multiple demands in assisting a large number of customers, as well as team members.
- A willingness to extend your existing knowledge and skills into other scientific disciplines.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Hours: Monday to Friday, Full Time
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant skills and would like to apply please call our team on or apply online. Whilst we’d love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven’t heard from us within 3-5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an employment agency in regards to this permanent vacancy.
Our Recruitment Consultants offer specialist marketplace expertise in Temporary Staffing Solutions and Permanent Introductions across our seven Specialist Recruitment Divisions; Office Support, Legal & HR – Industrial & Manufacturing – Finance & Accountancy – Hospitality – IT & Engineering – Sales & Marketing – Scientific & Medical. We have an unrivalled knowledge of the jobs marketplace so it’s no wonder that we hold an impressive track record of exceeding client and candidate expectations. How do we do it? By “placing people first”.