Holocaust Memorial Day Trust - Head of Finance and Operations
Holocaust Memorial Day Trust encourages remembrance in a world scarred by genocide. We promote and support Holocaust Memorial Day - the international day on 27 January to remember the six million Jews murdered during the Holocaust, the millions of people killed under Nazi Persecution and in subsequent genocides in Cambodia, Rwanda, Bosnia and Darfur.
The Holocaust threatened the fabric of civilisation, and genocide must still be resisted every day. Our world often feels fragile and vulnerable and we cannot be complacent. Even in the UK, prejudice and the language of hatred must be challenged by us all.
HMD is for everyone. Each year across the UK, thousands of people come together to learn more about the past and take action to create a safer future. We know they learn more, empathise more and do more.
Together we bear witness for those who endured genocide, and honour the survivors and all those whose lives were changed beyond recognition.
We are looking for a Head of Finance and Operations to take the lead for the financial performance management of the organisation, managing the function operationally and strategically to maximise use of the organisation’s financial resources to achieve strategic goals.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Leading annual budget setting and production of financial reporting, management accounts, statutory accounts, audit reports, financial analysis and fundraising plan;
- Developing financial strategies for HMDT; contributing to SMT and Trustee meetings; acting as Secretary to the Trustee Finance and Operations Committee;
- Communicating complex financial information and influencing and building rapport with a range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Leading the formulation and implementation of IT and data strategy and supporting the implementation of HR policies and procedures;
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop colleagues.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with experience of the UK charity or not for profit sector, advanced knowledge of SORP and charity VAT. You will have experience of managing end of year accounts, liaising with external auditors and effective budget/financial management.You will have demonstrable commercial acumen, a strong understanding of business and strategic issues, and the ability to appropriately challenge and advise budget holders. You will have excellent leadership and communication skills. Experience of managing support services (HR/IT) would be beneficial but not essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high calibre finance professional looking to make an real difference in a broad an varied role
Application deadline: Sunday, 28th April
Shortlist: Thursday 9th May
Interviews: week of 13th May
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter via the link by Sunday 28th April. For an informal discussion regarding the roles, please don't hesitate to contact Bryony Feeney at Allen Lane via the agency website.
Exceptional part time candidates will also be considered.