Project Design Engineer
Our Client Senior Aerospace BWT design and manufacture lightweight low pressure air distribution ducting systems for the world’s leading aircraft manufacturers. As the aerospace market continues to grow we have been successful in securing a number of exciting new programmes and our Production team needs additional support to meet the demand.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Design Engineer to join a busy Design & Development Team. The primary focus of the role is for design and development activities aimed at satisfying customer requirements for the design of low pressure low temperature air conditioning ducting and insulation panels for aircraft. This role will report to the Design Manager.
The Project Design Engineer will be required to spend extended periods of time at a desk using a computer, defining design solutions and writing reports. The position will entail some manual handling, lifting and working in a development and production environment. It will be necessary to work off-site, including overseas.
Key accountabilities for the Project Design Engineer :-
- To control the technical aspects of projects to meet the requirements of the customer, organisation and regulatory authorities. This will involve supporting customers at their facilities for extended periods of time during the design phases of a particular project. Travel will be world-wide. The role will also involve the compilation and issue of technical documentation such as estimates, BOM’s, Design Reviews, Technical Proposals and the sign off of drawings and technical reports.
- To establish, maintain and use a meaningful product and contacts database
- To organise and carry out material tests to ensure compliance with customer requirements and specifications as appropriate
- To organise specialist manufacture of samples, test components and initial production runs as appropriate
- To continually strive to use improved manufacturing methods and techniques as they are developed on projects
- To support the Sales and Operations functions in a professional manner
- Support the organisation as appropriate in any marketing campaigns
- Maintain and improve skills
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with customers, colleagues and the management team by regular consultation and feedback regarding activities, progress, results and achievements.
What about you?
As a Project Design Engineer you will have:
- An aerospace background in systems (air conditioning), or similar suitable engineering training, drafting (AutoCad experience would be a definite advantage), design review and project management skills. Some knowledge of CATIA (surfaces and solids for piping) would be ideal but training will be given in this area.
In addition, you will be :
- Technically capable with the ability to communicate with all parties the introduction of design solutions.
- A person with self-confidence, passion and commitment to inspire others to work towards a common purpose, achieving tangible results.
- The ability to conduct and champion improvements to existing designs.
- A good understanding of mechanical assembly processes in a manual work environment.
- Well developed IT skills essential including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. The use of AutoCad and CATIA will be an ongoing requirement.
- The ability to cope with tasks such as assessing customer requirements and giving presentations.
To find out more please log on to mpcg co uk and follow the link for - Search Client Jobs/General