Sales Advisor - Cane Adam Alton
Sales Advisor - Cane Adam, Alton
Full Time 40 hours per week
Monday – Saturday
Salary: £17,950 plus pension and benefits
We now have an opportunity for a Sales Advisor to join our team, to provide exceptional service to our customers in store. You will play a vital part in helping us serve customers and keeping the branch running smoothly - experience with our products isn't necessary, if you bring great customer service and team working skills to the table, we'll give you everything you need to succeed.
At Cane Adam in Alton, we sell a large selection of designer and quality paints for all purposes, wallcoverings, decorating sundries and equipment. We’re well established and well known in the local community, and while we’re specialist suppliers to the trades, we’re DIY-friendly and happy to advise beginners or seasoned DIYer's for any project.
A family run business for over 110 years; we have a long history in our industry and have grown to over 170 branches nationwide which says something about our ability to understand and keep up with the growing change in our market.
As a Sales Advisor you will:
- Provide exceptional service to customers in branch, to deliver upon our reputation for quality Brewers service
- Use product knowledge to provide recommendations and help customers find the best product for their needs
- Mix paint for Customers, process specialist orders, and request special stock within the Branch network
- Build relationships with customers to fully identify their needs and allow us to provide a comprehensive service
- Promote seasonal and special items, including merchandising goods in-store to increase visibility and sales
- Unload deliveries and ensure stock is distributed throughout the store
- Keep our Warehouse organised and safe, in line with company standards
Who we are looking for to join our new team:
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills, to understand and translate customer requirements into product recommendations
- Approachable, possessing an open and friendly personality - happy to help both customers and colleagues
- Enjoys working and supporting a team, but can be relied upon to work as an individual at all times
- Keen to learn, develop skills, and progress within our industry
- Product knowledge, previous retail experience or experience in a decorator’s merchant would be advantageous but not essential, as full training will be given to the right candidate
In return we offer a comprehensive benefits package consisting of:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free life assurance
- 5% of your salary employer contribution to the pension plan (subject to employee contributions)
- Profit share scheme after qualifying period
- Staff discounts
- Staff uniform
- 30 days holiday including bank holidays increasing with service
- Plenty of internal training opportunities
- Comprehensive Induction Programme
- Discounts and rewards with selected partners - major high street brands, supermarkets etc
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the Apply Now button on this of this page to complete the mandatory application form.
Please note – we have a specified timescale within which to appoint and train. This role may be removed from listings before the closing date if we are successful in finding an appointment.
Please ensure you fully complete the application process if you wish to be considered for this position. Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to any applicants that do not complete the process.