I am working with a leading media firm based in Central London who are seeking an Assistant Accountant to join their finance team at their Head Office. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team whilst studying for an accountancy qualification.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare accurate accounts for three of the company's head office functions, providing financial support to department management.
- Provide timely and accurate management support and analysis
- Assist in the forecasting of central departments, circulation, production costs and promotion costs.
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns
- Responsible for managing various intercompany accounts, transactions and reporting.
- Responsibility for various central charges such as salaries, car leases, promotion costs, property costs, legal fees
- Provide assistance with month end balance sheet work.
- Assist with audit work
- Assist with the statutory accounts' preparation.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Degree educated- 2:1 or above
- Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- VAT experience
- 2 years relevant accounting experience
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines