Assistant Finance Business Partner - Cabinet Office
Assistant Finance Business Partner - The Cabinet Office
Salary - £36,930 - £43,889 + £5000 (if qualified) / £2500 (part-qualified) accountancy allowance
This role is central to the relationship between an individual business area and the finance function. You will use your strong technical and influencing skills and sound understanding of the business unit to provide advice, challenge and scrutiny to senior colleagues. You will ensure that budgets are well constructed, managed and monitored and support senior managers in the production of business cases and plans to deliver improved performance, reduced risk and better value for money.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing a deep knowledge of diverse business areas, their needs and priorities, looking at the bigger picture to make sure that the business understands the financial implications of decisions and available choices.
- Acting as key liaison point between Finance and the business, building in depth understanding of different business areas and performance priorities.
- Providing analysis to support decision making and using benchmarking to highlight opportunities and add value.
- Identifying sustainable cost savings targets and initiatives as part of the business planning cycle.
- Supporting the financial analysis of business areas to prepare for Spending Reviews, risk management and business planning processes.
Key Skills & Experience:
- CCAB, or equivalent, qualified (or with considerable financial/ commercial experience and/or the ability to gain formal CCAB qualifications within a reasonable time.)
- Strong Excel and data analysis skills combined with a clear understanding of how this should be applied for the benefit of the organization.
- Well-developed communication, presentation and relationship management skills including an ability to engage effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- A high level of competence in budget management, planning, forecasting and risk identification combined with excellent problem solving skills.