Deputy Category Manager
Your new company
Leading Public sector organisation in the heart of Reading
Your new role
The Deputy Category Manager is responsible for Supporting purchasing activity, analysis of cost data and savings opportunities and investigating market information in support of the procurement Category Management team. This position will be responsible for the following:
- Providing support to the Professional Services Category Manager regarding market intelligence, financial analysis, management information and risk.
- Independently working across multiple Procurement Specialist teams to provide support to the Category Managers including assisting in developing Category strategies including the use of market intelligence, spend data, risk and management information.
- Analyse demand, market intelligence, spend data, risk and management information and prepare reports in support of the organisations procurement strategy development.
- Supporting purchasing activity on behalf of the business stakeholders. This will include tendering, completing post competition analysis and assisting in selection.
- Ensure compliance of processes for engagement of sole traders and Personal Services Companies
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven / demonstrated advanced data analysis skills.
- Ability to independently apply analysis techniques to solve complex problems.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a number of projects
- Ability to communicate to key stakeholders.
- Proven mastery of computer software skills -Microsoft Office.
- Process driven
- Ability to network effectively across multiple business groups.
- Proven ability to create innovation with an openness to change.
- Proven self-motivator who sets clear direction and priorities
- Fosters effective teamwork and collaboration.
- Strong written presentation skills
- A good level of education.
- Working towards Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or equivalent professional qualification.
- Skilled in the application of contemporary procurement approaches
- Understanding of the supplier base.
- Previous experience of developing financial analysis related to procurement.
- Project a professional image and demonstrate a proactive attitude.
- Experience developing financial analysis in the higher education sector
- Previous experience of using P2P systems e.g. Agresso
- Experience of the category of Professional Services
- Experience of the category of Finance Services
- Experience of running a Tendering exercise.
What you'll get in return
The post holder will report to the Lead Category Manager but will receive guidance from the Category Manager on a day to day basis, a competitive salary and an exciting opportunity to work within a leading organisation!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.