Trade Counter Assistant
Trade Counter Assistant - International Decorative Surfaces (IDS) - Rosyth, Fife
IDS are a part of Saint-Gobain - Winners of 'TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' four years running (2016-2019)
Looking to join a brand that is passionate about its employees, where virtually no day is the same? Then we have the perfect role for you here at IDS, the UK's largest distributor of surfacing materials, specialising in flooring, worktops, laminates, panel products and solid surfacing.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly customer focused Trade Counter Assistant to join our team at IDS Rosyth. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing sales and maximizing branch profitability through link selling, both in the showroom and over the phone, providing exceptional customer service.
As a Trade Counter Assistant with IDS, you will:
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times, by building relationships and dealing with customers on a day to day basis.
- Handle telephone enquiries and always ensure that the customer's needs are met, whilst promoting IDS products and services.
- Carry out cash transactions, refunds and till processes accurately and in accordance with branch procedures.
- Achieve showroom targets set by the business and Branch Manager.
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we're agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we're supportive of and close to our customers.
So if you…
- Have excellent customer service skills and experience, really knowing what great service looks and feels like.
- Have proven experience within a sales based role, displaying a commercial mindset to help drive sales for the business.
- Are a real team player, with an outgoing, positive work ethic and great interpersonal skills.
- Have product knowledge relevant to the industry sector (desirable, though full training can be provided).
- Can demonstrate Computer Systems/IT literacy skills.
...we may just be the right fit for each other! Does this sound like you?
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including:
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- As an employee with IDS, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts on high street and leisure activities and various other benefits.
If you're up for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you!
Saint-Gobain encourage and welcome diverse applications AND ARE COMMITTED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.