Wealth Advisory People Manager - Assistant Manager
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career. We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. Through our fresh thinking and agile working, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.Job Description:
Grant Thornton are looking for a Wealth Advisory People Manager Assistant Manager to join the profitable and rapidly growing Wealth Advisory Department. Working as part of this high-energy team of likeminded people. Our focus is building and protecting wealth, your focus will be supporting our highly talented advisers. Together you will provide an outstanding client service to our high net worth clients.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will manage a team of between 12 and 15 employees
- You will complete performance reviews
- You will attend one to one meetings with the team members
- You will complete attendance meetings
- You will be responsible for training of staff
- You will approve and managed holiday requests
- You will complete any necessary performance meetings
- You will be involved in any promotions within the team
- You will assist in any project work
- You will be an advocate of and manage change indisputably
- You will look at data and recognise where there is need for action
- You will be a positive role model to you colleagues
What we are looking for:
- You will have experience of managing a team (minimum requirement)
- You will have proven experience of being proactive, forward thinking and professional in your management style
- You will be organised
- You will be fair and consistent in your team management
- You will have a minimum of 7 GCSE’s A* - C
- You will have experience of mediating and handling difficult situations
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes - moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.