Category Manager role, Salary between 29,500 - £38,500 DOE, Normanton
Your new company
Hays is currently with public sector organisation who are recruiting for Category manager on a permanent basis.
Your new role
We are looking for an experienced Category Manager to deliver world class service and provide creative, cost effective solutions for their toughest challenges. In this role you will be responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of procurement services of rehabilitation equipment and consumables.
Planning & leading capital equipment implementation projects. Managing multiple programmes from tendering to contract award and ongoing relationship management. Performance manage against programme targets and ensure best value for money. Support the National Category Manager in the delivery of category plans (timescale, business revenue & margin, supplier management etc)
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience of category management in public sector or you may have 5 years procurement/commercial experience in the rehabilitation equipment sector
- Project management experience within a capital equipment sector would be advantageous
- Results focused, responding naturally to pressure and demanding deadlines
- Able to demonstrate good commercial acumen, attention to detail and previous category knowledge
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills and the ability to maintain an extensive network of contacts within the category
- Highly developed numerical and analytical skills with strong Excel knowledge
- Already a car driver and willing to travel
What you'll get in return
Salary between 29,500 - £38,500 DOE, a friendly, supportive and energetic working environment, Business car lease scheme, Workplace pension contributions, 25 days holiday entitlement & 8 bank holidays, Death in service benefit, Excellent opportunities for career development
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.