Software Test Engineer
Our clienthas an exciting opportunitybased in Solihull, on a full time, permanent basis. In return you will receive a competitive salary with excellent additional benefits.
Our client’s vision is clear: they want to change people’s digital experience in a connected world. They understand that communications are as essential to business today as power, water or gas. Connectivity isn’t about LAN, WAN, Internet or Voice, it’s about connecting users and devices to the applications and services they need.
They earn the trust of our partners and regulators every day by delivering superior service through superior people and processes. No-matter your need you can trust our client to deliver connectivity you can rely on – they’re Connectivity-as-a-Service and their people. If you have the no nonsense, agile approach to match our DNA, then this is the role for you.
- Competitive Salary
- Substantial Bonus Opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance (medical, mental, optical & dental)
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Holidays with option to buy or sell
- Reward & recognition incentives
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Purpose of the role:
As a Test Engineer, you’ll be working with a talented, small team of engineers to deliver quality software solutions to the business and our customers. Your role will design, maintain and execute test plans to ensure all developments are tested and validated. Where possible, you’ll also work with the team to build and improve our automated tests.
They’re here to continually improve and a big part of this is improving their Agile practices and software delivery. You’ll be working in short iterations, having regular Retro's, and will help drive improvements with team skills and practices.
- Writing, developing and execution of manual test scripts to ensure intended requirements are met
- Creation of automated test scripts using tools such as Selenium
- Clear/effective communication of test results
- Recording and prioritisation of system/software defects
- Provide regular test updates in scrum meetings
- Communication and updates to key stakeholders
- Unit, System, System Integration and Regression testing
- Support to the wider business in developing UAT plans
What you need for the role:
Evidenced professional testing expertise and a structured approach to test practice gained through experience of working within a similar role for a minimum of 2 years
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a similar role
- Knowledge of software test design and test execution methodologies
- Knowledge of web applications testing
- Knowledge of SQL and basic query-writing
- Knowledge of software automation and automation tools such as Selenium and JMeter
- Candidates must have excellent organisational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of software testing in an Agile/Lean software development environment
- Knowledge of API, performance and security testing