Deputy Nursery Manager Job Edinburgh
Earn Up to 35K per year
Are you looking for your next step up the career ladder?
Do you want to work for a highly respected and International Company ?
Are you motivated and passionate about Early Years education?
Tinies Edinburgh are looking to recruit a Depute Manager for a highly respected and International Company . The nursery is designed with the babies, toddlers and young children in mind. This would be a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to take their next step on the career ladder. As the deputy, you would be responsible for assisting the Manager with the day to day running of the nursery. You must be highly motivated, passionate, committed and be able to lead by example to deliver the highest level of care.
As the successful candidate, you should have;
• Two years of post-qualification practical experience of which at least one years have involved managing and supervising staff
• Experience of leading meetings and delivering training
• Experience of managing facilities and other resources
• Experience of managing/mentoring Modern Apprentices
• Experience of working with parents as partners e.g. Parent Forum membership,
• Experience of working with regulatory and partner organisations
• Friendly nature with an upbeat, positive disposition and a sense of humour. You must have the ability to adapt your approach dependent on the situation and child.
• Leadership skills that allow you to integrate quickly into the existing team whilst gaining respect and building rapport with colleagues and direct reports
• Highly effective communicator who can adapt content and delivery in line with the person/situation
• Customer orientated with the ability to meet customer care needs
• Act as a positive ambassador for personal presentation, including being clean, tidy and presentable
• Knowledge of relevant legislation and the ability to develop policies/procedures consistent with legislation, best practice and regulatory expectations
• Demonstrable knowledge of promoting a positive environment
• Sound knowledge of curricular planning and practice
• Up to date working knowledge of procedures relating to Child Protection, GIRFEC, Additional Support Needs, Equal Opportunities and Child Development
• Knowledge of the behaviour characteristics and needs of children at all ages to ensure child development
• Ability to positively motivate children, families and staff
You must have currently or be working towards a BA, PDA or level 4 Childcare qualifications. This position will start ASAP and the salary will be negotiable dependent on candidates qualifications and experience. In line with professional expectations all staff must hold a current PVG Scheme Certificate and be a member of the SSSC.