Global US Organisation urgently requires a Senior Financial Analyst to join the business on a 6 month plus assignment. The Senior Financial Analyst will provide financial support and business partnering for corporation activities in Europe, particularly in Germany.
Duties of the Senior Financial Analyst include:
· Management of Part Time Analyst (based in Germany)
· Monthly close responsibilities include profit & loss preparation, balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, capital expenditure analysis and reporting for German legal entity.
· Responsible for timely financial forecasts and submissions.
· To support the German Country Tax Centre with the preparation of LR Exhibits, Vat reporting and Germany / Italy Statutory accounts.
· Involvement in/driving standardisation, process improvement & sharing best practice.
· To assist with the annual PWC external audit and internal audit
· Proactively contribute to maintaining and improving a strong internal control environment e.g. understanding SOPs and updating as necessary, identifying risks and proposing potential solutions.
· Promote & support financial awareness and education for business partners.
· Proactively take responsibility for personal development.
· Contribute to or lead projects both in finance and across functions.
· Ad hoc tasks & analysis as required.
Skills required for the Senior Financial Analyst - EMEA
Qualified with professional Accountancy body (e.g. CIMA, ACCA) with min 4 years post qualified experience.
5 years relevant experience working with a finance department.
Fluent in German language preferred but not essential.
Strong interpersonal & communication skills, with an ability to influence people at all levels.
Attention to detail.
Highly motivated and proactive.
Experience of SAP
Advanced spreadsheet skills.
Ability to contribute and work effectively as part of a team, taking the lead where necessary.
Methodical approach with a commitment to accuracy & timeliness of analysis.
Strong continuous improvement mind set.
There will be extra demands around the month end and quarterly close and reporting deadlines.
An ability to adjust to changing timetables and short lead times is frequently required.
Considerable planning, management and involvement is required for each year end close.
Sarbanes-Oxley requirements / audit timings will dictate work patterns.
As an integral member of UK finance team there is a requirement to be involved in projects and the implementation of new initiatives.