Working at Amigo is not just a job, it’s a cause. We believe that good people should be able to borrow fairly, flexibly and affordably, no matter what a computer credit score says.
By keeping things simple, we make life easier. We focus on what’s important and nothing else, we solve real world problems, and we treat our customers and each other as humans.
Our Payout department is a vital part of our customer journey. We are not like other Payout teams, we want to understand our customers situation and help them borrow responsibly. Our agents uphold our standards and share our values. The most important thing for us is our customers and always will be.
As a Payout Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team between 10-15 members of staff. You will need to develop an employee orientated company culture that emphasises quality, continuous improvement, ownership and high performance, whilst developing your team and the department.
- Actively plan staff levels for your team.
- Work with HR to recruit, interview, hire and employ quality members of staff.
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in our Payout department in accordance with the companies policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee on-boarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Empower employees to take ownership and responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict resolution, supportiveness and working effectively together to enable each employee and department to succeed.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall brand that emphasises the identified mission, guiding the principals and values of Amigo.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards and disciplinary action with the assistance of HR when necessary.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate company information through department meetings, one on one meetings, email and regular interpersonal communication.
- The successful candidate will need to be naturally empathetic, but also able to remain firm and professional. Your attitude is what really counts at Amigo, you need the patience and natural ability to build rapport with our customers and employees.
- Naturally driven to want to help others.
- Confident in delivering accurate information and risks to customers and employees.
- Be transparent and confident when communicating with your team and others in the business, being able to explain the 'Why’ behind any new change, or current process to your staff.
- Have high standards and expectations at all times.
- The ability to deliver on, targets set by the head of department.
- Be a leader. Manage your team and inspire them to success, don’t just be 'the person who answers questions’.
Benefits of working at Amigo:
- Training and development to ensure you have the right knowledge, confidence and skills for the job.
- 3 Week New Starter Training Academy.
- 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme.
- Quarterly business performance bonus.
- iPhone 7.
- Health Care Insurance.
- Matched up to 5% contributory pension.
- Life Insurance
- Critical illness cover.
- Free Pure Gym membership.
- Health and Wellbeing Manager providing holistic support around your Health and Wellbeing.
- Additional days holiday each year, plus your birthday off.
- Access to multiple properties and cars after 1 years service.
- Incentives and quarterly team building activities.
- Subsidised deli style restaurant with head chef and qualified baristas.
Permanent, full time role, contracted 41.25 hours per week, including some Saturdays.
Starting Salary £28,992 with quarterly performance & pay review to a maximum of £42,220 + Bonuses + Benefits Package
Due to the high volume of applications, if you haven’t heard from us within 7 working days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.