Day shift: 7am-3:30pm, early finish Friday
High value, low volume machining - Aerospace
Our client is a global Aerospace manufacturer with a multitude of sites and components in their range. They are currently seeking a manual machinist to aid in their low volume, high value environment - someone with a high attention to detail to take pride in their work due to the quality standards required in their field.
Machinist Job Purpose
To be responsible for manufacturing components to agreed engineering and manufacturing specifications to consistent standard of health and safety and reliability within agreed timescale.
Essential Skills/Experience/Qualifications required
- Main machining experience needed will be manual turning.
- Material experience: Exotic metals and Aerospace grade materials.
- To manufacture components to the correct specification within agreed timescale.
- To select, when viable, the most appropriate and cost-effective use of machinery/equipment.
- Support continuous improvement philosophy.
- To complete all documentation, including timesheets and job cards, accurately, fully and on time so that the information is available on time.
To suggest any improvements in process and equipment to support continuous improvement philosophy.