Audit Manager / Accounts & Audit Manager - SUPERB ROLE
Audit Manager / Accounts & Audit Manager
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a TOP20 Accountancy Practice who are looking to strengthen their senior team with the appointment of a General Practice Manager (Audit & Accounts Manager) for their Buckinghamshire offices. The role is 50% Audit and 50% Accounts/Tax and you will be required to supervise junior part-qualified accountants, liaise with Partners and other Client Managers, reviewing the audit and management accounts of SME and Corporate PLC businesses. Key duties include:
• Managing a £350k portfolio of Audit & Account clients, supervising a small team who look after a UK and Int’l client base
• Managing year-end processes and reviewing statutory financial statements under UK GAAP and IFRS as well as annual accounts for partnerships and sole traders
• Planning and budgeting for client audits including staff allocation, risk/control assessments and final audit reports
• Taking part in ad-hoc investigations, due diligence and other duties as required by partners
• Managing the month-end process including reviewing monthly management accounts prepared by juniors
• Day to day running of client accounts including dealing with escalated queries and more complex technical issues.
• Liaising with senior colleagues and the other Audit & Tax teams to resolve technical queries including corporation tax.
• Ensuring all work allocated is carried out profitably in accordance with the firm's standards, and responsible for billings
• Liaising with clients to ensure their audit and accountancy work is running smoothly.
To be considered for the role you should be a qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant with at least 4 years experience running your own mixed client portfolio, and ideally from a Top100 or well-regarded Regional Accounting firm. With strong audit, tax, statutory and annual accounts experience along with staff management, knowledge of mid-range accounting software (e.g. Iris Exchequer, Caseware, Sage Line 50) would also be useful.
On offer is a salary up to £60,000 depending on experience with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and holidays. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) office by telephone or via email at admin@mcginnisloy. com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands, please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile