User Experience Researcher
We are now recruiting for a new User Experience Researcher to join our e-commerce team based at our head office in Luton. The UX Researcher will provide key insights into our customers, our products and our competitors, to enable the wider UX team to deliver best-in class user experience solutions across our wide range of web, mobile and internal systems in order to give our customers the inspiration they need to find and easily book their dream holiday. We are rapidly growing our portfolio working hard on creating valuable improvements and optimisations through Agile processes.
What you will be doing
The role will encompass the following activities:
- You will work closely alongside our other UX Researcher to help identify the things that drive customers to book their holidays online with us.
- You will provide research insights into how new concepts and designs are received through formative and summative usability testing, liaising with analysts to understand any issues and opportunities with the live websites.
- You will seek out examples of good practice from across the web to help us to further improve and make sure we stay ahead of the competition.
- Providing insights for our Agile development teams to build and help ensure that we are doing the right things in the right way.
- You will research and discover what we need improve, from evaluating competitors and other successful websites and apps, usability testing and reviewing our own sites and using customer feedback to identify problem areas.
- Once the design process is underway, you will be usability testing concepts and prototypes to ensure we select the best options; and then once we have higher-fidelity prototypes, testing again to ensure the fine details are right.
- Your usability testing skills are paramount to this role as well as your skills in planning, scripting, moderating and reporting.
- You will conduct testing using a combination of in-house sessions in our testing lab, remote unmoderated tests using a third party tool and provide guerrilla testing across desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
What we are looking for
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong User Research experience previously gained working in a large scale enterprise.
- You will possess validated experience in all phases of Usability Testing, using tools such as Morae Recorder and Manager.
- A hardworking UX Researcher, ideally with a background in User Centred Design in a commercial environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a dynamic environment, and take responsibility for the quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Hard-working and dedicated
- You will also need to be able to get up to speed quickly, to understand the needs of our customers and the objectives of the wider business.
The role is ideally suited to a recent graduate looking to get into user experience in a successful organisation.
Prior to any interview it would be helpful to provide examples of any meaningful previous work, e.g. usability test scripts, reports of findings, etc.
Working within TUI group
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV !