Commercial Finance Business Partner
The main aspects of the Commercial Finance Business Partner will be to influence change, drive profitability via accurate forecasting and financial controls.
You will be able to communicate and influence senior management through detailed forecasting and example based evidence.
Based in Abingdon, this role is an excellent opportunity for anyone currently working as a Management Accountant and looking for that next step up.
This business has experienced a structural change in the last 18 months allowing for the opportunity for this position to be created. They own a huge percentage of market share and are known as a class leader in their field.
Your department and input will be at the core of the commercial operations for the business, with a Turnover of circa £80m.
You will have an established team there on site to support and guide you through the process whilst also offering training and development alongside the role as well.
The aim here is to drive and inform business decisions to maximise profitability of each business area on a stand-alone basis
- Financial reviews for the business, covering all key areas that impact on the finances from pipeline and order intake to deep understanding of what drives operating margins and operational costs.
- To run reviews and ensure financial control by taking actions and ensuring follow up.
- Ensure good financial stewardship and controls, in an area that has some challenging technical accounting requirements as well as undergoing significant change.
- Provide financial insights into the business model highlighting key financial dynamics.
- Forecast from Order Intake through to Segmental Profit for the business over a three year period, producing monthly rolling forecasts and more detailed plans in an annual planning cycle.
- Identify risks and opportunities, highlight the fundamental business drivers on which the finances are predicated, such as customer numbers, average selling prices and/or any other important business dynamics, and to be able to stand back from the detail and present the forecast to Directors in a way they can understand and act upon.
- Understand and model conversion metrics of working capital.
The ideal candidate for the Commercial Finance Business Partner will be able to translate the raw data and accounting information into a set of commercial outcomes, which you will then use to influence business decisions.
You will ideally be working towards an accounting qualification and be looking for a role where you can also stay in when qualified. This role offers both the development and also the long term career options for anyone working at a Part Qualified level.
Key areas are, examples of where you have influenced changes, driven productivity, explained commercial outcomes and decisions to key stakeholders.
The Abingdon based Commercial Finance Business Partner will come with:
- Progression from a Part Qualified and when you are Newly Qualified perspective
- Study Support
- Highly Competitive salary, circa £45,000
- Company Bonus
- Influential role in key business areas