Finance Systems Development Accountant
Soprasteria Recruitment are recruiting an Finance Systems Development Accountant.
This is a key role working within a specialist team providing expert advice and guidance into Group wide system development projects, particularly Oracle PBCS application, impacting the Finance organisation working closely with cross functional teams from inception through to delivery. The incumbent will ideally have 3 years PQE together with a track record of successful Oracle (Hyperion) Planning / PBCS System implementations, in particular application development.
The role will play an active part of the team across analysis, design and development, testing and training and then into implementation and business as usual. Working across multiple business functions they will act as a Finance expert in support of SMEs from across the Group and in communicating change back to the Finance teams and Group Finance function. They will play a "hands on" role in the design and development of new finance systems. Post-implementation they will be expected to take on responsibility for the day-to-day financial management and support of new and existing systems and processes together with further development as requirements emerge.
*Lead development of PBCS
*Manage and coordinate functional design activities on key Finance related projects.
* Manage and guide Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) seconded to projects by managing, planning and coordinating their activities to ensure consistent approach and successful project delivery to time and budget.
* Ensure consistent Group policies, procedures, and standards are adopted within project solutions.
* Assist the Finance Systems Development Manager, by representing Finance on a day to day basis on key projects engaging with all levels of Management hierarchy.
* Facilitate cross functional workshops to drive solution and functional design specifications.
* Work closely with business representatives, project management and IT technical specialists to ensure project deliverables are completed to plan.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCEBusiness Knowledge
* Qualified accountant with considerable experience with system design, delivery and development, particularly Oracle (Hyperion) Planning and PBCS applications.
* Significant experience of Financial Reporting and leading practice Planning and Budgeting techniques.
* Understanding of Financial Control and Governance framework.
* Experience of analysing and mapping complex processes
* Ability to make a positive impact in a cross-functional workshop environment
* Ability to understand complex technical issues and communicate them in simple terms
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- Full understanding of Oracle (Hyperion) Planning / PBCS development techniques and best practice SQL coding procedures.
- Expert level knowledge in the use of MS Office suite, particularly Powerpoint, MSProject, and Visio.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and presentation skills.
- Understanding of process analysis techniques and proficient in creating detailed process maps and associated work instructions.
- Ability to work with all levels of the Organisation. Personal Attributes / Competencies
- At least 5 years' experience within a Finance or Financial Systems development environment.
- Educated to Degree level.
- CCAB qualified accountant with at least 3 years post qualification experience.
Key Financial Measures (e.g. specify size of capital/revenue budget, staff costs, sales budget etc)
- Member of project teams responsible for delivering Finance Systems development projects to time and budget. As an example the next project will be further development of models and functionality in Oracle PBCS Key Projects / Activities Managed (Identify impact, effort, cost, time invested) Majority of activity will be managing and influencing SME activities within key Finance programmes and projects. This will involve developing design options and solutions and gaining approval from the relevant Project Design Authority to ensure effective and successful project delivery within time and budget.
If this is a role that interests you please send me across your CV ASAP to avoid being disappointed.
Sopra Steria Recruitment is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organisation.
Should you choose to contact Sopra Steria Recruitment regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.